Monday, April 30, 2007

Sometimes It's Best to Chose You


I am a bit of a sensitive soul. I would like to think that I get it from my Papa. In all honesty, I would be happy to say that I anything from him; he was just that sort of man.

The good and the bad of this is that you feel a little more. You don't want to hurt other people, even when you are hurting a bit yourself.

I remember when I was 10 and my Papa took me into his doctor's office to remove these thingys from my feet. He made sure to numb them so much that I wouldn't feel a thing for weeks. Everytime there would be the tiniest bit of blood, he would get nervous and warn me not to look, not to look. Which of course meant that I looked. Which of course made him more nervous. Even though he realistically knew that I couldn't feel anything, the thought of causing me any discomfort hurt him. I am pretty sure the entire procedure was harder on him than it was on me.

Friday night I cancelled dinner plans with two friends in favor of staying home and sleeping. I was worn out, tired and it came down to keeping these plans and possibly losing it mentally or keeping my sanity and possibly losing two friends.

And while I do feel bad about bailing, I feel all that much better having taken a night to myself. And I know I owe them both a phone call, an explanation, some sort of follow up apology to my email. But sometimes it is just be easier to let things go, rather than take things on.

No comments: