Sunday, February 17, 2008

Converstions Part 5: Me and My Tea

I rolled over, lifted my head from my pillow and groaned as my aching head reminded me why that last bottle of wine was in fact a bad idea. For the past few days I had been fighting back little whisps of wanting to cry, and so I got over it the only way I knew how... filling up the hours of my day. A picnic, errands, dinner, drinks.

Part of me just wanted to stay in bed all day. Hide from the sunshine and cold that was calling from outside. Instead I did some yoga and went to meet friends. Coffee turned into sitting in the sunshine along the Arno. Sitting turned into window shopping. And window shopping turned into gelato and hot chocolate. Walking home, I looked around and got a wave of sadness, because I knew something really great was about to end. Something I would never get back. I remember feeling that way right before I left DC. Then I remembered why it was my least favorite feeling.

After dinner I crawled into bed and started watching TV. With my tea in one hand and remote in the other I felt the tears creep up. And so this time I let them come. Not because I was sad. Not because I was lonely. Just, because...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wipe those tears. Don't dwell on an ending. Look forward to another beginning. Mamooshi-wonkanobi