Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Conversations Part 1: A Dress

In the beginning my stomach would always do little flip flops everytime we met up, part nerves and part excitement. Once I got more comfortable they calmed down, but in a good way.

The weather that night was unseasonably cold, but I insisted upon wearing my little dress and sandals to dinner anyway. Partly because that is just how I am and partly because I knew you would enjoy seeing it as much as I would enjoy wearing it.

You called to let me know you were downstairs and as I grabbed my things and started to walk toward the door, I felt a familiar feeling in my stomach. Later you teased me for carrying a bottle of Pepto in my bag. I giggled, rolled over and pulled the covers back over my head, not wanting to explain that it cured butterflies too.

No comments: