Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Beat Goes On and On and On and On


Today I had a double-hiccup cry. The type where each time you breathe in you take two breathes because you are not sure when your tears will allow you to inhale again.

I remember feeling like this once before. I was 16 or 17. He was one of my best friends and we tried dating, despite the fact that inside I knew that I only wanted to be friends. I was scared of losing him. Despite my best effort, I still did and on the phone he explained to me that it hurt him too much to be friends with me anymore. I remember hanging up the phone and while my head understood it, I literally felt my heart break for the first time.

So today I let it out, double-hiccup cry and all. Then I got up, took a shower and met up with friends for dinner.

No comments: