Thursday, August 2, 2007

Let's Make This Quick


The girls got here yesterday afternoon. Chris called from a pay phone in front of my apartment when I was a block away and I immediately took off into a sprint toward home. I am pretty sure that my skirt ended up somewhere around my neck as I ran, but it was worth it! After letting them rest for a hot second I immediately took them (along with some beer and wine) up to the top of the Piazza Michelangelo to watch the sun set over Florence. Then we went to dinner outside, laughed tons and drank too much wine.

This morning was my last class for the summer. I am a free woman until September. Seriously, what do people do with so much free time? Oh yeah, my old roommate moved out and my new roommate moved in. Nothing but smiles. That is all I am saying about that.

Tomorrow we are off to Sorrento on the Amalfi Coast until Tuesday and then to Rome for a night. The girls head back to the States on Wednesday, unless I can devise a plan to keep them here. I am pretty crafty, so there is a good chance I will come up with something. I know I can bribe Chris with the shoulder game and gelato, but Yael and Claudia may not be as easy.
Then I am home in Florence for a few days and then head off to Ibiza were I get to see more friends (yea!) for another mini-vaca.

Ok, lots of pictures after I get back from Amalfi.... promise... but for there is a fat Italian in my kitchen fixing my washer, an empty suitcase on my floor and my three best friends are here and I don't want to miss a second with them. Having them here makes Florence feel like home and I already get teary when I think of them leaving... yeah good thing I am so not a crier!

Hugs and kisses!
me

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hope you girls are having fun!!! I know you are :-)

chris said...

Oh Meggy, if only I had read this before I hopped on the worst flight ever from Rome to Stockholm (note to self: Ryan Air is a f#@king hot mess. Do not ride hungover.)

Thanks for hosting us in Italia, I had a great time! Kisses!