Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Conversations Part 5: The Scarf

There are certain times of the day when I hate being alone; after my nightly yoga session, when no one is there to share a post zen glass of wine with me; early in the morning, after a restless night of sleep.

My Italy friends laugh at me when I put my night clothes on at 10pm, ready to watch a show and crawl into bed. I laugh too, smiling as I remember not long ago when 10pm was when it all was just beginning.

"I guess I just haven't been anywhere that makes me want to stay out until 5am," I say half jokingly, leaving out the part where I explain that starting cocktail hour at 5pm usually has me ready for home by 1am.

My phone rings and I uncharacteristically decide to answer it. "Get dressed," says the voice on the other line. "We are all meeting for wine."

So I wrap up in my favorite plaid scarf, the one I used to joke was my power shield because I wore it so much, and slip out the door into the cool night.

2 comments:

chris said...

Meggy, I miss drinking post-yoga wine with you!

dekaN dc said...

you were exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote about post yoga wine... it jsut isn't the same. and Kristin McGee is still kicking my ass!