Wednesday, September 5, 2007

We All Have Our Moments

I got a little homesick today. It hit me out of nowhere and totally took me by surprise, especially since I haven't really been homesick since July. I remember the day actually. It was only a few weeks after I had arrived in Florence and everyone was going to the Post Mass pool on a Saturday afternoon. At that moment I wanted to be there with my friends more than anywhere else in the world.

I still have my moments where I wish I was there to help celebrate a birthday or my friends getting married, but I don't ever really just flat out wish I was back in DC.

Except for right now. Right now I miss friends, and my apartment, and not sleeping alone at night... and just the comfort of it all.

Grrr, it must just be the change in weather or something...

2 comments:

Greg said...

Bah! We've all been there. We wish you could have joined us at the wedding, but I know we both wish we could be in Florence at the same time! I bet the fall is gorgeous there.

Don't worry. We'll all see each other soon enough. Enjoy Firenze while you can!

dekaN dc said...

The heat is finally gone and I get to ride my bike to school everyday!
Thanks for cheering me up!!!
See you soon!